Friday, May 09, 2008

After a long long period

First of all, some very unfortunate news that I would like to share with everyone. My father has just left us on Sunday, 04 May 2008. Although his departure did not strike us as sudden, it is a lost that my mother and I will have to face for the rest of our time.

He didn't suffer very much, and we could prpbably say that this is a blessing for him to be finally released from the pains and sufferings that he has been enduring throughout his illness.

I can no longer see him smiling or or even hitch a ride from him to work, or even a nag from him would have been welcomed. I know that perhaps at some point of time, I will have to go on with life. But right now, I just want to spend some time remembering him and leave these memories deeply etched in my mind, because after someone leaves us, the only place that they are alive is within our memories. That way, they wll always be our support and motivation.

Many things happened over the past few days, and over the funeral, many things that people have done shows you a very different side of them. People whom you have known for many many years may not amount to someone you have know just a few months or even weeks ago. These were of course not learnt now. But these were openly shown after they were being done.

Live goes on, with or without these people. With them, live may be a better palce but without them, we probably would have nothing to talk about over tea...

No comments: